In this video, you will learn how to make loops for round beads as well as teardrop beads.
Step by Step Procedure:
Make a loop for teardrop bead
1. Prepare a copper wire measuring 6 cm in length. Insert the copper wire into the bead and make sure the bead is at the center.
2. Bend the copper wire on both sides using a flat nose plier outwardly in which you can create a triangle above the bead.
3.To wrap around the copper wire using the other side of the wire, hold firmly the triangle with the flat nose plier. Then, bend this side of the wire slightly downward.
4. Turn the bended wire 1 or 2 times and cut off the excess copper wire. Then flatten the tip using flat nose plier.
5. Bend the copper wire 90 degrees using a plier. Then, with the help of flat nose plier turn the wire around the plier
6. Before closing the loop, insert a chain into the loop first.
7. In closing the loop, hold the loop with the help of a flat nose plier. Then, turn the wire around the the other side just once. Cut off the excess wire using the plier. Finally, flatten the tip.
Make a loop for a round shape bead
1. You will need a hip pin. Insert it in the round bead
2. Leave a small space between the bead and the plier and turn the wire into 90 degrees bend. Cut off excess wire and leave about a 1 cm wire.
3. Using a flat nose plier, hold it with your thumb facing up and turn your wrist in to form a loop.
4. To attach the chain, reopen the loop and insert the chain. Close the loop using a flat nose plier.
5. Continue by attaching different kinds of beads side by side. You can attached the bigger beads on the last chain.
Make a loop for the Heart Shape Bead
1. Insert a 6 cm copper wire into the heart bead. Leave each end 1 cm each. Cut off the excess wire.
2. After cutting the wire, insert back the wire into the heart bead. Make sure leave a 1 cm each at both ends.
3. To make the loop, bend the bottom wire 90 degrees using a plier. Then, using a flat nose plier turn your wrist in to form a loop.
4. Do the same on the other side of the wire. Cut off some excess wire if the wire is too long.
5. Open the loop at the bottom and attach the chain. Then, close the loop using the flat nose plier.
6. Open the jump ring using the plier and insert the jump ring into the loop.
7. Finally, insert the leather cord into the jump ring and close the ring.
Explore more tutorials with DIY Jewelry Making Magazine #51!
Inside DIY Jewelry Making Magazine #51 are 8 tutorials on how to make flower-like beaded jewelry. All tutorials are presented with by step images showing each design stage. There’s something for beginners, intermediate, and advanced skill level.
ACCESS ALL DIY JEWELRY MAKING MAGAZINE INCLUDING THE CURRENT ISSUE FOR FREE!!!
7-DAY FREE TRIAL