Beaded Kumihimo Pattern: Colorful Spiral is now published as part of DIY Jewelry Making #62. This tutorial will show you how to do the twisted kumihimo braid. Let our featured Kumihimo enthusiast Elena Komina show you how! For step by step instruction, do log in to our member area to follow this project. If you are not a member yet, just subscribe from the link here.
Below is a sneak preview of what you will see from the step by step guide available in our member area.
Using this pattern you can create wonderful handmade jewelry like bracelets, necklaces, lariats etc. Use your imagination and change colors, bead size, bead shape and textures. Create your unique jewelry and let others envy!
What you need:
Kumihimo disk (you can do it yourself)
Cotton or synthetic thread (I use DMC pearl cotton blanc №.12)
– 8 pieces * about 50 cm / 19,7 inch (for bracelet)
* about 150 cm / 59 inch (for necklace)
Beads (I used Czech beads 10/0)
For bracelet – 1g red, 1g orange, 1g yellow, 1g light green, 1g green and 1g gold
Items for covering endings (I used bead caps and pins)
Clasp (I used lobster clasp)
Chain nose plier and round nose plier
How to braid beaded kumihimo:
1. Make small knot on one end of each thread (to keep beads on the thread)
2. Apply nail polish on opposite ends of threads
3. Put beads on a threads (according pattern), for bracelet 55-70 beads 10/0 size is enough
4. Knot all 8 threads
5. Place all threads on Kumihimo disk as shown on the image below (numbers on the pattern correspond to the numbers of threads), knot should be in a central hole
SUBSCRIBE NOW TO ALL ACCESS MEMBERSHIP!!!
LIFETIME UNLIMITED ACCESS to all DIY Jewelry Making Magazine Issues!